X-rays of the spine or extremities are taken, or Dr. Rash might send the patient to an x-ray facility for these films. Depending on the findings, Dr. Rash may call for an MRI or other imaging study. If MRI or CT Scan is needed, Dr. Rash will refer you to Rutherford Hospital or either Spartanburg or Asheville.